Newton Poppleford Village hall Sunday mornings, fortnightly, 10.30 am- 11.30 am
Today’s society presents many challenges for our dogs and our Good dog! Lifeskill classes prepare you and your dog for the everyday life and teach the good manners necessary to live happily in today’s society.Good dog! Lifeskill classes are suitable for puppies who have had a one-to-one puppy consultation and dogs who are able to work in a class environment. If you are unsure about your dog, please ask.
We will look at many everyday skills such as:
- sitting quietly to have your lead or harness put on
- walking on a loose lead
- legal requirements for dog ownership
- sit stay
- down stay
- emergency stop
- leave it (food, objects, people)
- examination and grooming
- meeting and greeting people calmly
- control – through doorways, in and out of the car
We will also be visiting some local dog-friendly venues to practice our skills.
Classes can be purchased in 4 week blocks and the cost is £40.