Advanced Clicker Skills: Effective Communication
Saturday 13 May 2017 10.00 am – 4.00 pm and
Sunday 14 May 2017 10.00 am – 1.00pm
Chester-le-Street, County Durham
This Effective Communication workshop is designed to take your training skills to a new level. We often click and treat without giving much thought as to the quality of the behaviour or stop to consider how reinforcer delivery influences the behaviour. With careful planning, we can achieve the desired behaviour quickly and seamlessly, resulting in happy dogs who will never fail to surprise us with their learning speed and mental agility! Can you keep up?
The workshop will cover:
- planning and setting up a training session – how can I communicate what I want effectively?
- collecting evidence of learning – what is my dog learning?
- influencing behaviour outcomes – how can I guide the behaviour?
- blending training modalities – should I free shape, lure, use targets – or can I blend?
- growing happy learners – what differences do I observe when I learn the art and science of effective communication?
The workshop runs from 10-4pm on Saturday and 10-1pm on Sunday. There will be a mix of lectures and practical sessions, and spectators will have the opportunity to participate in group events.
A CPD certificate for handlers and spectators will be provided on the day.
This workshop is suitable for handlers and dogs who have some experience of clicker training. You don’t need advanced skills but will need a basic knowledge of the principles of clicker training and a dog who is clicker savvy.
If you book a handler place, your dog must be able to work in a group environment and settle quietly when he/she is not working.
Cost: £75 handler, £40 spectator with concessions for ICB members.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER PLEASE VISIT: